Thursday, June 7, 2012

Not Me!

Not Me!

EMT's at the Needle working on a guy who got hit in a crosswalk.  This is not me! but this is probably how I looked when I got hit six years ago.  Although, there was a lot more blood in my case.  Drivers please start paying more attention to pedestrians in crosswalks!.  And pedestrians please stop jaywalking and crossing against the light!  I see near collisions between people and cars all the time in downtown.

A true story,  Larry, a guy I knew from rehab and the neighborhood,  is a Incomplete Quadriplegic.  Incomplete Quadriplegic, means some movement and or feeling below your break.  Larry was making progress in rehab, he could walk 50 steps with a walker.  Then one day on his way to a doctor visit he got hit in a crosswalk.  Now he is a Quad Complete!  He got 800,000 in a settlement, but now there is no chance of recovery.  The driver was in a hurry, didn't see him and ran into Larry hard enough to knock him out of his chair.

No comments: