Thursday, August 11, 2011

Eat Your Veggies!

I just got released from Harborview Hospital yesterday.  That stay was my fourth stay there.  I added up all the days I've spent in the hospital so far and it is about 60 days. I had an infection in the tissue of the pressure ulcer in my butt, again.  On Saturday I went to the Space Needle to listen to some live music.  I sat in the hot sun and felt like I was freezing my ass off.  I was feverish so I went home early to take my temperature, 101.9.  I took a long nap hoping whatever was wrong with me would go away.  103.4, my temperature went I woke up.  To bring the fever down, I drank everything that was cold in my fridge, 102.6  You know you've been to the ER too many times when all they ask you is, "Problem with your butt again?"  I got most of the same staff from previous visits, hell I'm even starting to get repeat paramedics.

I was in the loading zone at Harborview Hospital getting loaded into a cabulance ,when I saw a 650lbs man getting loaded into a ambulance.  The paramedics couldn't lift him because he weighed 650 and the bed weighed about 200.  They put metal ramps on the back to push him up.  I thought to myself wouldn't it be funny if they pulled out a boat winch!  Two second later I see a hook on a thick cable get pulled out to be hooked on the head of his bed.  OMG!  How embarrassing to be that obese!  I was starring at the spectacle of it all, he got pulled in like a boat getting loaded on a trailer!

1 comment:

LeFever said...

I like the red table or cloth your using nice image.