Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Clouds on Bitter Lake

So I'm just waiting for the word as to when the operation on my butt will happen. I want to get it over with so I can get on with my life.  Another six weeks of lying on my back again.

A few weeks ago I was in the emergency room at Harborview Hospital.  I was in my room with two nurses who were both trying to give me an IV.  One was putting the needle in my left arm, the other in the back of my right hand.  If you ever had an IV put in you know they hurt,  doubly if you are dehydrated.  So I was cussing up a storm and pissing the nurses off because I dread needles.  The nurse says, "do you hear anybody else swearing?"  Two seconds later a man screams, "I've got to fucking pee, can anyone hear me I got to fucking pee!"  He was a junky strapped to a bed in the hallway. I died laughing it was so funny.

I love Bitter Lake especially near sundown.  The clouds reflected on the lake are exquisite, like a beautiful painting.

No comments: