Thursday, June 2, 2011

MRSA

Did you know that more people die in the USA from MRSA than Aids!  In 2005 16,500 people died from Aids 18,000+ people died from MRSA.  MRSA costs tax payers an additional 5 billion dollars to treat.

You can get MRSA from hospitals, doctors offices, locker rooms gyms and nursing homes.  Old people, children, sports people, diabetics and anyone with a weak immune system can easily get it.

I have asked many people, Do you know what MRSA is? and the response most often is no.  I've had it 4 times now and for the life of me I can't understand from where.    One time it almost killed me.  I was in the hospital for 21 days.  I had a 104 fever 6 of those days.  I had two operations on my knee to dig out the puss.  I was on IV antibiotics for 2 months.  I lost 65lbs from throwing up.   In one year I have had MRSA 3 times!  And one of those times I had double MRSA.

MRSA is staff from hell and it grows on just about everything.  Staff doesn't bother most people. Washing your hands frequently and covering open wounds usually prevents MRSA.

No comments: